Become one of the best substitutes in the market

What is CPR?

* Source: * Author: admin * Time: 2020-02-20 9:58:22 * Browse: 121

What is CPR?

The Construction Products Regulation (CPR) has been around for many years. Previously known as CPD, it covers the fire performance and other aspects of various products used in construction.
Most cables designed for permanent installation within domestic, residential, public and commercial buildings are subject to the Construction Products Regulation (CPR), covered by BS EN 50575. This is a legal requirement so it's important you understand how to stay compliant. BS EN 50575 enables designers and installers to consider the contribution that cables make to the spread of fire. Cables are a particular concern as they run between rooms and floors, above ceilings and are often made from flammable materials. They can also be a source of ignition if badly installed, damaged or faulty.

Is CPR a legal requirement?

CPR became a legal requirement in July 2017. For relevant classified products, suppliers will now need to provide a Declaration of Performance (DoP), showing critical information such as manufacturer’s name, product type and class met. 
Some suppliers may choose to supply this with the product but it is vital that the cable is labelled to give a route to obtaining a DoP. The regulation specifies that the information must be available from the manufacturer for up to 10 years from the date of purchase. You need to know what is expected from your cable supplier – without the DoP you cannot be certain that you are buying a CPR compliant product.

Who is affected?

In short, anyone who is involved in the sale and purchase of cable will be affected by CPR. Suppliers (manufacturers, wholesalers, and distributors) will have to declare the fire performance of a relevant cable In some parts of Europe, local governments have chosen to stipulate the class of cable that can be used in different types of buildings. For example, a hospital may be exclusively Class Cca whereas a house may be Class Eca.

How do I know what class to use and where?

In some parts of Europe, the national regulatory body is defining which class should be used in a specific application.